Every which way you look these days, there are houses popping up everywhere. One day, you’ll be driving past an empty block. Next day, bang – there are a couple houses on it! Well, with our housing market evolving, we’ve definitely become savvy with our buying choices, which have lead to higher demands for builders to get more creative.
This beautiful home built by the Summit Homes Group has definitely met the challenge. When searching for a home most of us want something that looks great, is practical and affordable – a family home that’s going to last generations. For the last 40 years, Summit has been there right from the start – helping Aussie families create their dreams.
Summit has now embraced the use of steel in wall frames and roofing systems, so when you build your piece of paradise, you have the option to have a fully engineered steel roof, instead of using traditional timber.
Steel framed construction is a proven technique used on the East Coast and worldwide for many years now, as well as in WA’s commercial sector. By using it to build our own homes, it’s changing the face of WA – from sleepy city to cosmopolitan – a class all of its own!
This innovative roofing system is fully engineered and manufactured on site at our purpose built facility that runs 24/7. It’s then transported and installed onto your new home’s brickwork. Tried and tested on an industrial scale many times before, this is now exciting times for WA home builders.
Advantages of building with Steel:
- The strength of steel – affordable, architectural & can offer inspiring design.
- 100% termite & European House Borer proof
- Fully engineered – manufactured to precise standards and specifications
- Fire resistant and electrically safe – non-combustible so ideal for bush fire prone areas
- Safe and durable product – Able to perform under extreme temperatures – perfect for WA conditions
- Unique Design Capabilities – ability to create innovative & non-conventional roof lines
- Every wall and roof truss is in perfect alignment
- Faster build times: Frames can be manufactured off the building site and delivered as required, to exact sizing, minimising on site mess and wastage
- Minimal delays – built in a weather-proof purpose-built facility, operating 24 hours a day
- Steel is recyclable; we efficiently remove all offcuts off-site & recycle them
- Will not sag over time & zero shrinkage factor
- Chemical & pesticide free
- Can deliver better thermal protection when compared to traditional methods
Whether you’re building a granny flat, a single storey or double storey piece of paradise, Summit can use steel on all of these home designs. And there’s no extra cost! With Summit’s massive buying power, it can offer clients all the benefits of a steel roof for the same cost as timber.
There are just so many positives to using steel. It’s stronger than wood, pests don’t eat it, it’s modern, lightweight, it’s stronger and goes up faster. So when you sign on the dotted line and turn the key, it all means you can shut the door and enjoy the tranquillity your home!
To get in touch with the amazing professionals at Summit, check out their website www.summithomesgroup.com.au.