Alinta Gas - Hot Water
Alinta Customer Info Line
13 13 58
Steaming hot water on tap is a daily comfort that accounts for around a third of the energy costs in a typical Western Australian home. We use more than half of that hot water in the bathroom, a third in the laundry and the remainder in the kitchen.
And while we may take our daily hot water use for granted, choosing the right hot water system for your lifestyle, can save on your energy bills while helping the environment. And when it comes to value for money, it’s the total cost that counts.
As with all major appliances, it’s a matter of weighing up the system’s suitability, upfront purchase and installation costs as well as the long-term running costs. Before you splash out, you need to ask yourself a few important questions.
- Work out your hot water needs by considering:
- How many people live in your household? How much hot water do they use?
- How many showers and baths do they take?
- How many loads of washing do they do?
- How many bathrooms do you have?
- Do you have extra appliances like dishwashers and spas that use a lot of hot water?
- Will your needs change significantly over the next ten years or so, the average life-span of a hot water system?
- How big is the space where your hot water system will be installed?
- What’s your budget?
- Have you considered the total cost including installation and any additional plumbing work that may be required?
Once you’ve answered all these questions, you can decide on the type of hot water system that best suits your supply needs.
A natural gas hot water system is efficient, instant, economical and reliable go to www.alinta.com.au for more information.